Annapolis

3.3823529412234 (1428)
Posted by kaori 02/27/2009 @ 00:41

Tags : annapolis, anne arundel county, maryland, states, us

News headlines
DNA evidence leads to rape charges against Annapolis man - Baltimore Sun
By Andrea F. Siegel | andrea.siegel@baltsun.com An Annapolis man was ordered held without bail Friday after a hit in the state's DNA database led to his arrest on charges that he raped a woman nearly nine years ago. Michael Albert Brandford, 26,...
Garz-Hill powers Annapolis baseball over Wyandotte - The Detroit News
AJ Garz-Hill did more than pitch a complete game Friday for Dearborn Heights Annapolis. His solo home run helped propel Annapolis' offense in a 7-4 victory over visiting Wyandotte in a Mega crossover showdown. "When we needed a strikeout from Hill we...
Annapolis police plan to ticket those not wearing seat belts - Baltimore Sun
By Andrea Siegel | andrea.siegel@baltsun.com Starting Monday, Annapolis police will be part of an aggressive campaign to ticket drivers and passengers who aren't wearing seat belts. "Twenty-five bucks. No warning," a police spokesman said in an e-mail....
2 bicyclists hospitalized after accident in Annapolis - Baltimore Sun
By Meredith Cohn | meredith.cohn@baltsun.com A person in a parked car on Main Street opened a door into the path of two oncoming bicyclists, according to Ray Weaver, a spokesman for the Annapolis Police Department. One of the riders was taken to...
New in Maryland: Condos at Acton's Landing in Annapolis - Washington Times
By Michele Lerner SPECIAL TO THE WASHINGTON TIMES | Friday, May 15, 2009 Madison Homes Inc. is building 106 condominium homes at Acton's Landing in Annapolis, within walking distance of downtown Annapolis and its historic buildings, shops, restaurants,...
Student arrested for having starter pistol - Baltimore Sun
An Annapolis High student will be charged as a juvenile after he brought a starter-style pistol to the school Thursday, according to Anne Arundel County police. No injuries were reported at the school at 2700 Riva Road. About 10:50 am, Annapolis High...
Annapolis High teen loves a good challenge - Annapolis Capital
Wendi Winters — For The Capital Annapolis IB junior Brielle Merchant, 17, reads one of the classics on a sunny bench near the front entrance of Annapolis High School. The 17-year-old is a junior at Annapolis High School....
Annapolis playing host to Farr 40 1-design regatta - Annapolis Capital
That has changed this year in Annapolis, which suddenly is home to eight Farr 40 sloops and for the first time will host a one-design regatta on the Chesapeake Bay. Storm Trysail Club Chesapeake Station will provide race committee for the event....
Bike to Work Day attracts 250 commuters - Annapolis Capital
"We wish them a speedy recovery and hope that this incident will make drivers more aware that they share the road with cyclists and to be cautious and courteous," McColl, executive director of the Annapolis Regional Transportation Management...
Bayhawks lose in opener - Annapolis Capital
The organization signed an agreement to play in Annapolis through the 2011 season, but opened play in its new home with a 17-16 loss to the expansion Toronto Nationals last night in front of 3715 at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium....

Annapolis High School

Annapolis High School is an American high school located in Anne Arundel County on Riva Road, near the city of Annapolis.

Founded in 1898, Annapolis was the first public high school to open in Anne Arundel County and among the first in the state of Maryland. The school originally occupied a handsome brick building in downtown Annapolis, but the post World War I surge in population led to the construction of a new school that stood on the outskirts of the city within shouting distance of Wiley H. Bates "Colored" High School. Only in the mid-1960s, more than a decade after the Supreme Court's Brown v. Board of Education ruling, was Annapolis High desegregated. Soon thereafter, Bates High School was renamed/repurposed into Bates Junior High School in 1966 and became racially integrated. (The original Bates High School Building at 1101 Smithville Street served as a public school until the early 1981 when Bates Middle School moved to the former Annapolis Senior High School campus. Recently the Bates High School Building has been repurposed into 71 senior housing units, a senior center, a boys and girls club. It also houses a museum dedicated to Wiley H. Bates, a man who emerged from slavery into a successful business man. Bates High School was named for him because of his generous donations and support that enabled the school to be built.) In 1979, Annapolis High moved to its present location outside the city limits; its former buildings now house Bates Middle School and the Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts.

Academically it is noted for its recently established International Baccalaureate program. (The other two IB schools in the county are Meade Senior High School and Old Mill High School.) AHS is also noted for its English for Speakers of Other Languages program, adding to the diversity of the school. Annapolis High has also made AYP in 2008 marking a great acheivement thanks to the students and faculty. AHS also has a long and storied athletic history, including its football team that dates to 1899 (with a winning percentage of nearly 70%), a boys' basketball program that has made more "Final Four" appearances than any high school in Maryland, and lacrosse programs for boys and girls that have won numerous state championships.

In 2008, the Annapolis High School Boy's swimming team won their regional meet giving the Annapolis High School Team good publicity and more fans for the next season. AHS feeder middle schools are Bates Middle School and Annapolis Middle School; however, because of its magnet program, students are also brought in from other parts of the county.

Annapolis High School's math team has been the winner of AACC's High School math competition twice (2008 - 2009 currently pending still disputable) and has been in the top three for the past 3 years.

To the top



NSS Annapolis

NSS Annapolis, officially known as Naval Communications Station Washington, D.C. Transmitter or NavCommStaWashingtonDC(T), was a Very Low Frequency (VLF) and High Frequency (HF) transmitter station operated by the United States Navy.

It was located at Greenbury Point across the Severn River from Annapolis, Maryland at coordinates 38°58′40″N 76°27′12″W / 38.97778°N 76.45333°W / 38.97778; -76.45333. NSS Annapolis was used by the USN for submarine communication. The station consisted of an umbrella antenna supported by a 1,200-foot (365.76 m) high central mast, which was insulated against ground, 6 guyed masts of 800-foot (243.84 m) and 3 freestanding towers of the same height, similar in design to the towers of the transmitter at Junglinster.

The huge towers were a local landmark, and served as a visual reporting point for aircraft landing at the nearby Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) airport. A golf course ran through the VLF antenna farm; special rules addressed hitting a tower with your ball (usually stroke and distance). The NSS HF receiver station, and the headquarters for NavCommStaWashingtonDC(T), was located at the Naval Communications Station in Cheltenham, Maryland until 1969. In late 1969, the receiver station at Cheltenham closed and a new receiver station was activated at Sugar Grove, West Virginia.

NSS began transmitting in September, 1918 using 500 kilowatt Poulson Arc transmitters. However, arc transmitters were significantly inferior to the then state-of-the-art Alexanderson alternator and the arc transmitters were replaced by more modern vacuum tube transmitters in 1931. VLF, or "longwave" radio was the standard at the time for long range radio transmission, later to be generally replaced by shortwave.

VLF later became essential for communicating with submerged submarines, a critically important capability as submarines became strategic missile platforms. The NSS transmitter fed one million watts of radio energy to its antenna, and during idle times, transmitted the string "W W W VVV VVV VVV DE NSS NSS NSS" in Morse code. The power was so high and the frequency so low, you could hear the signal on practically any kind of receiver anywhere in the Annapolis area (not to mention within some people's dental work). Actual messages were also sent in Morse code, but were either prearranged code signals or were encrypted.

Rendered obsolete by satellite technology and the end of the cold war, NSS ceased operation and most of all of the antennas and most of the towers were demolished in 1999. Only three of the smaller towers were preserved for historic reasons.

To the top



Music of Annapolis

The band Good Charlotte, originally from nearby Waldorf, moved to Annapolis in 1998

The music of Annapolis, Maryland played a major role in the music history of the United States during the colonial era and has since produced a number of notable musical institutions and groups.

In the 1710s in the colonial United States, a number of singing schools arose, beginning in New England and spreading into Maryland by 1764, beginning in Annapolis. These singing schools met in the evenings, with a singing master leading the education of both youth and adults in the basics of musical performance, including note-reading and part-singing, and the particulars of Christian hymns. Most singing masters were educated only in other singing schools, and not in any sort of formal music education. Many singing masters were itinerant travelers.

Though Annapolis was the first town in Maryland to be home to a singing school, they became common, first in Baltimore and then throughout the state, after the Revolutionary War. The first was at St. Anne's Anglican Church in Annapolis, in 1764, led by singing master Phillip Williams, who taught psalmody in four parts. Though Williams, being itinerant, left Annapolis after only one year, he was replaced by a new singing master, Hugh Maguire, the following year.

After the Revolutionary War, singing school activities began diminishing throughout Maryland, including Annapolis. The only noted singing master during this time was Alexander Gray, in 1786, and possibly for some time thereafter.

During the colonial era, Annapolis was one of the larger cities in North America, and was home to an organization called the Tuesday Club, which documented musical activity in the city in more detail than any other record of its kind. The Club operated beginning in 1745, when it was founded by Alexander Hamilton in imitation of similar clubs in Edinburgh, specifically the Whin-Bush Club. Music was not initially the major focus of the group, but it soon came to specialize in musical activities at biweekly meetings known as sederunts. Both original vocal and instrumental material and published compositions were a part of the Tuesday Club's repertoire, including Scottish and English folk songs, and English theatrical pieces. Among the Club's members was Jonas Green, printer of the Maryland Gazette and publisher of music books, and Thomas Bacon, the Club's most renowned composer whose works were very much in the European model. No compositions from the Club gained significant acclaim outside of the city.

The music of the Tuesday Club was expressly and purposely European in character, as the Club's members wished to emulate the acknowledged masters of the Western classical music tradition. However, unlike classical music, performances at the Club were recreational in nature, and not artistic, and the music composed by members of the Club was entirely casual, and probably never intended for outside consumption. The corpus of the Club constitutes the earliest known secular music in what would become the United States. Instruments included the French horn, flute, cello, viola and harpsichord.

The United States Naval Academy Band, the longest-lasting music group in the United States Navy and the third oldest active duty military band in the country, was founded in 1852, though the history of instrumental music at the Academy can be traced back to its founding in 1852. John Jarvis, a drummer, and William Bealer, a fifer, are the best-remembered servicemen from the Band's early years, though the first Marine Musicians to serve were named Tommy Diggins and William Hoeke. Musicians with the band performed calls, like tattoo and reveille. When the Band was officially funded in 1852, bandmaster and performer John Philip Pfeiffer selected the first musicians, who performed their first concert in 1853 for the Secretary of the Navy. During the Civil War, the Band's musicians were deployed, while the Academy was temporarily transferred to Newport, Rhode Island, returning in 1865. At the end of the War, band members were transferred to the civil personnel of the Academy, as opposed to drawing pay as a member of the Navy. With this shift, performers' pay decreased, and the difference was made up by charging midshipmen and officers at the Academy a monthly fee. Soon after, Superintendent David Dixon Porter modernized and professionalized the Band, expanding its size and providing attractive uniforms. In the 1880s, woodwind instruments were added to the Band, which had previously been exclusively brass; new instruments included clarinets, oboes and piccolos. The youngest bandmaster in the organization's history, Charles Adams Zimmerman, took office in 1887, and is known for establishing a theatrical group and becoming very popular among the cadets at the Academy.

In 1894, the uniform of the United States Marines Corp Band was prescribed for the Naval Academy Band, and wore that uniform until 1925. Zimmerman remained the bandmaster even after being offered the more prestigious position with the Marine Corps Band in 1897, and is perhaps best known for composing "Anchors Aweigh" in 1907, intending it to be an inspiring and timeless piece of music that could be used as a football marching song. Under Zimmerman's successor, Adolph Torovsky, the Academy Band made its first commercial recording, in 1920, using Zimmerman's "Anchors' Aweigh", and one of Torovsky's own pieces, "March of the Middies". In 1939, the Band began performing on Maryland radio stations and represented that state at the World Fair, while the director, Lieutenant Sima, composed the "Victory March", one of the most well-known and popular pieces produced at the Academy. Under Alexander Cecil Morris in the middle of the 20th century, the Academy Band performed on television for the first time, established a weekly radio show and acquired entirely new instruments and facilities.

In the 1970s, under bandmaster Ned E. Muffley integrated women into the Naval Academy's music program, while the Academy's first rock band, Tidal Wave, also saw some national success. His successor, William J. Phillips, established lush, thematic performances featuring largely original compositions; the changes attracted new audiences and the Academy Band became internationally renowned. In 1973, Gayle Slayter was recruited for the Band, becoming known as the "Naval Academy's First Lady of Song" over the course of her twenty year career.

In the 1980s, Annapolis was home to two of the most important early emo bands, Moss Icon and The Hated, both of whom recorded for the prominent local Vermin Scum record label. Vermin Scum also released records by Black Dice, Breathing Walker and the Universal Order of Armageddon. Annapolis has also been home to the funk rock band Jimmie's Chicken Shack, singer Eva Cassidy and the band Good Charlotte.

The Annapolis Symphony Orchestra, founded in 1962, is a well-known organization that has hosted guests like Cuban violinist Guillermo Perch and Charlie Byrd; the Annapolis Orchestra inspired composer David Ott to create the Annapolis Overture, which debuted in 1995.

The United States Naval Academy, home to a number of noted music groups, has been in Annapolis for many years; bands affiliated with the Academy include the United States Naval Academy Band, United States Navy Sea Chanters and the Men's and Women's Glee Clubs. The Naval Academy Band encompasses a brass quintet, wind quintet, marching band and other units.

Annapolis also home to the Annapolis Opera and the Ballet Theater of Maryland. The Annapolis Opera was founded in 1972, and hosts year-round musical programs and contests. The Annapolis Maritime Museum sponsors the Chesapeake Music Institute, an organization founded to promote traditional music associated with the Chesapeake Bay.

The Annapolis Chorale is a nonprofit organization whose programs include a Chamber Chorus, Chamber Orchestra and the Annapolis Youth Chorus; programs include both Western classical and semi-classical music, as well as educational and scholarship initiatives. The Chorale was founded in 1974 by James A. Dale, Assistant Director of Musical Activities at the United States Naval Academy. From 1976 to 1978, Mark Tardue led the Chorale to new growth and organized a 1977 sold-out concert that became critically acclaimed and greatly assisted the Chorale's reputation. J. Ernest Green was selected as music director and conductor in 1984, and he serves as of 2008, having becoming the longest-serving person in that position in the organization's history.

In modern Annapolis, three music venues are notable for blues and jazz, namely the King of France Tavern in the Maryland Inn, the Rams Head Tavern and the Ebb Tide near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts is another major local venue, hosting numerous renowned performing groups throughout the year. It was founded in 1979.

The Annapolis Music Fest was first held in June 2002, which hosts both touring and local bands in a variety of styles of rock and hip hop.

To the top



Annapolis, Maryland

Main Street in downtown Annapolis

Annapolis is the capital of the U.S. state of Maryland, as well as the county seat of Anne Arundel County. It has a population of 36,408 (July 2006 est.), and is situated on the Chesapeake Bay at the mouth of the Severn River, 26 miles (42 km) south of Baltimore and about 29 miles (47 km) east of Washington D.C. Annapolis is part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. The city was the temporary capital of the United States in 1783–1784 and the site of the Annapolis Peace Conference, held in November 2007, at the United States Naval Academy. St. John's College is also in Annapolis.

A settlement named Providence was founded on the north shore of the Severn River in 1649 by Puritan exiles from Virginia led by William Stone. The settlers later moved to a better-protected harbor on the south shore. The settlement on the south shore was initially named "Town at Proctor's," then "Town at the Severn," and later "Anne Arundel's Towne" (after the wife of Lord Baltimore who died soon afterwards). The city became very wealthy through the slave trade.

In 1694, soon after the overthrow of the Catholic government of the lord proprietor, Sir Francis Nicholson moved the capital of the royal colony there and named the town Annapolis after Princess Anne, soon to be the Queen of Great Britain; it was incorporated as a city in 1708.

From the middle of the 18th century until the American Revolutionary War, Annapolis was noted for its wealthy and cultivated society. The Maryland Gazette, which became an important weekly journal, was founded there by Jonas Green in 1745; in 1769 a theatre was opened; during this period also the commerce was considerable, but declined rapidly after Baltimore, with its deeper harbor, was made a port of entry in 1780. Water trades such as oyster-packing, boatbuilding and sailmaking became the city's chief industries. Currently, Annapolis is home to a large number of recreational boats that have largely replaced the seafood industry in the city.

Annapolis became the temporary capital of the United States after the signing of the Treaty of Paris in 1783. Congress was in session in the state house from November 26, 1783, to June 3, 1784, and it was in Annapolis on December 23, 1783, that General Washington resigned his commission as commander-in-chief of the Continental Army. In 1786, a convention, to which delegates from all the states of the Union were invited, was called to meet in Annapolis to consider measures for the better regulation of commerce; but delegates came from only five states (New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Jersey, and Delaware), and the convention, known afterward as the "Annapolis Convention", without proceeding to the business for which it had met, passed a resolution calling for another convention to meet at Philadelphia in the following year to amend the Articles of Confederation. The Philadelphia convention drafted and approved the Constitution of the United States, which is still in force.

During this period, a Parole Camp was set up in Annapolis. As the war continued, the camp expanded to a larger location just outside of the city. The area is still referred to as Parole. Wounded Union soldiers and Confederate prisoners were brought by sea to a major hospital in Annapolis.

In 1900 Annapolis had a population of 8,585.

To the north of the state house is a monument to Thurgood Marshall, the first black justice of the US Supreme Court and formerly a Maryland lawyer who won many important civil rights cases.

Close by are the state treasury building, erected late in the 17th century for the House of Delegates; Saint Anne's Protestant Episcopal church, in later colonial days a state church, a statue of Roger B. Taney (by W.H. Rinehart), and a statue of Baron Johann de Kalb.

Annapolis has many 18th century houses. The names of several of the streets—King George's, Prince George's, Hanover, and Duke of Gloucester, etc.—date from colonial days. The United States Naval Academy was founded here in 1845. Annapolis is the seat of St. John's College, a non-sectarian private college that was once supported by the state; it was opened in 1789 as the successor of King William's School, which was founded by an act of the Maryland legislature in 1696 and was opened in 1701. Its principal building, McDowell Hall, was originally to be the governor's mansion; although £4000 was appropriated to build it in 1742, it was not completed until after the War of Independence.

From the early part of the 20th century to the 1970s, Annapolis was served by the now-defunct Baltimore and Annapolis Railroad's line from Baltimore, an electrified interurban railroad. Steam trains of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad also occasionally operated over the line to Annapolis, primarily for special Naval Academy movements. Rail passenger service on the B&A was discontinued in 1950.

During September 18–19, 2003, Hurricane Isabel created the largest storm surge known in Annapolis's history, cresting at 7.58 feet (2.31 m). Much of downtown Annapolis was flooded and many businesses and homes in outlying areas were damaged. The previous record was 6.35 feet (1.94 m) during a hurricane in 1933, and 5.5 feet (1.68 m) during Hurricane Hazel in 1954.

Currently facing the many difficult challenges of American cities today, Annapolis is undergoing rapid low-density development along its edges, ever-increasing traffic congestion, as well as ecological destruction of the very bay that it depends upon. The 1998 Comprehensive Plan will soon be replaced with a new document, containing initiatives and directives of the city government on development and infrastructure. This process was mandated by Maryland state law in the Economic Growth, Resource Protection, and Planning Act of 1992. Annapolis Charter 300 and EnVISIONing Annapolis are co-sponsoring a public lecture series from September 2007 through June 2008 exploring these issues.

From mid-2007 through December 2008 the city will celebrate the 300th Anniversary of its 1708 Royal Charter, which established democratic self-governance. The many cultural events of this celebration will be organized by Annapolis Charter 300 and will include historical symposia at St. John's College and evening events such as the Queen Anne's Ball.

The Maryland State House is the oldest in continuous legislative use in the United States. Construction started in 1772, and the Maryland legislature first met there in 1779. It is topped by the largest wooden dome built without nails in the country. The Maryland state house housed the workings of the government from November 26, 1783 to August 13, 1784, and the Treaty of Paris was ratified there on January 14, 1784, so Annapolis became the first peacetime capital of the US.

It was in the Maryland state house that George Washington famously resigned his commission before the Continental Congress on December 23, 1783. According to some, George Washington, who had argued vigorously for Annapolis to become the permanent home to the United States Capitol, had a strong attachment to the Maryland state house and instructed Pierre L'Enfant to model the dome of the Capitol building in Washington DC after it. However, as noted in the United States Capitol topic, that building was not designed by Pierre L'Enfant, and no mention of this claim is found in a comprehensive history.

The United States Naval Academy was founded in 1845 on the site of Fort Severn, and now occupies an area of land reclaimed from the Severn River next to the Chesapeake Bay.

Annapolis has a thriving community theatre scene which includes two venues in the historic district. On East St. is Colonial Players, a company that produces approximately six shows a year on its small theatre-in-the-round stage. Colonial Players have ,for the past 28 years produced a musical version of A Christmas Carol, which they commissioned. During the warmer months, Annapolis Summer Garden Theatre presents three shows on its stage, which is visible from the City Dock. All shows put on by King Williams Players, the student theatre group at St. John's College, are free and open to the public. Annapolis is also host to The Bay Theater Company, a non-profit professional drama group. The Naval Academy Masqueraders put on several productions annually in Mahan Hall.

The Banneker-Douglass Museumlocated in the historic Mount Moriah Church at 87 Franklin Street, documents the history of African Americans in Maryland. Museum offers free admission, educational programs, rotating exhibits, and a research facility.

Hammond-Harwood House originally belonged to Matthias Hammond, and has now been restored. Tours now offered.

The Kunta Kinte- Alex Haley memorial is located on downtown Annapolis, right on the harbor. It commemorates the place of arrival of Alex Haley's African ancestor, Kunta Kinte. The story of Kunta Kinte is related in Alex Haley's book Roots.

The Annapolis area was the home of a VLF-transmitter called NSS Annapolis, used by the United States Navy to communicate with its Atlantic submarine fleet.

As announced by United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Annapolis was the venue for a Middle East summit, with the participation of Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas ("Abu Mazen") and various other leaders from the region. The conference was held on Monday, November 26, 2007.

Annapolis is located at 38°58′23″N 76°30′4″W / 38.97306°N 76.50111°W / 38.97306; -76.50111 (38.972945, -76.501157), 28 miles (45 km) east of Washington DC, and is the closest state capital to the national capital, Washington, DC.

The city is a part of the Atlantic Coastal Plain, and is relatively flat, with the highest point being only 50 feet (15 m) above sea level.

According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 7.6 square miles (19.7 km²), of which, 6.7 square miles (17.4 km²) is land and 0.9 square miles (2.3 km²) (11.70%) is water.

Annapolis lies within the humid subtropical climate zone, with hot summers and cool winters. Low elevation and proximity to the Chesapeake Bay give the area more moderate temperatures, with warmer winter temperatures and cooler summer temperatures than locations further inland, such as Washington, DC.

As of the census of 2000, there were 35,838 people, 15,303 households, and 8,676 families residing in the city. The population density was 5,326.0 people per square mile (2,056.0/km²). There were 16,165 housing units at an average density of 2,402.3/sq mi (927.4/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 62.66% White, 31.44% Black or African American, 0.17% Native American, 1.81% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 2.22% from other races, and 1.67% from two or more races. 8.42% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. The Hispanic population of Annapolis however has continued to grow in recent years and will encompass significantly more of Annapolis' population percentage by the next census reading.

There were 15,303 households out of which 24.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 36.6% were married couples living together, 16.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 43.3% were non-families. 32.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.30 and the average family size was 2.93.

In the city the population was spread out with 21.7% under the age of 18, 9.3% from 18 to 24, 33.4% from 25 to 44, 23.7% from 45 to 64, and 11.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 90.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 86.8 males age 18 and over.

The median income for a household in the city was $49,243, and the median income for a family was $56,984. Males had a median income of $39,548 versus $30,741 for females. The per capita income for the city was $27,180. About 9.5% of families and 12.7% of the population were living in poverty, of which 20.8% were under age 18 and 10.4% were age 65 or over.

Annapolis is served by the Anne Arundel County Public Schools system.

Founded in 1898, Annapolis High has an internationally recognized IB International Program. Nearby Broadneck High School (founded in 1982) and Annapolis both have Advanced Placement Programs. St. Mary's High School and Elementary School are located in downtown Annapolis on Spa Creek. Eastport Elementary School, Aleph Bet Jewish Day School, Annapolis Area Christian School, St. Martins Lutheran School, Severn School, and Indian Creek School are also in the Annapolis area. The Key School, located on a converted farm in the neighborhood of Hillsmere, has also served Annapolis for over 50 years.

To the top



Source : Wikipedia