Jason Brown

3.4190283400802 (988)
Posted by motoman 03/20/2009 @ 09:12

Tags : jason brown, baseball players, baseball, sports

News headlines
Brown Sings Praises for Tigers but It's Duff Luck For The Toon Army - Bleacher Report
Blackburn and West Brom drew 0-0, with Jason Roberts sent off late on for use of an Elbow. Felipe Caicedo scored for Manchester City giving them a 1-0 win over Bolton, while a lone Hugo Rodallega strike ensured Wigan picked up the points against...
2009 NFL Free Agent Signings List - The Associated Press
LOUIS RAMS_Signed Billy Bajema, TE; Kyle Boller, QB; Jason Brown, OL; James Butler, S; and Mike Karney, FB. Re-signed Oshiomoghe Atogwe, S (f); Ron Bartell, CB; Adam Goldberg, G; and Mark Setterstrom, G. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS_Agreed to terms with Kevin...
Search focuses on Calif., Mexico for mom, sick son - San Jose Mercury News
The younger Hoffmann, who played right field, blasted a three-run homer in the second inning Sunday against the Los Angeles Angels. Chief Deputy Jason Seidl said the sheriff has been keeping in touch with investigators and is expected back in New Ulm...
Brown's gem lifts Limon into championship game - Denver Post
Brown fanned seven of the first nine Indians he faced, struck out the side in the second inning and fanned four batters in both the fifth and seventh innings because of two passed balls by catcher Jason Brown. "Just throwing strikes," Matt Brown said....
Flyers Sweep Jackhammers With Walk-Off Single - OurSports Central (press release)
Cephas Howard (1-0) picked up the win in his debut appearance for the Flyers, while Jason Richardson (0-1) suffered the loss. A low-scoring, quick-moving affair in the early going, Joliet opened the scoring in the top of the fourth on an RBI single by...
Much-respected JROTC director leaving WHHS - News Chief
E-mail requests for anecdotes about Brown from former students returned nothing but praise. Jason Campbell graduated from high school in 2005 and from Florida Southern College in Lakeland this year, with a four-year Army ROTC scholarship....
7 Points: 'Boys need consistency from Williams - FOXSports.com
Prior to the draft, they had improved their lot at the center position by signing former Ravens center Jason Brown. New head coach Steve Spagnulo will provide a badly-needed spark to a club that has been reeling aimlessly for the past few years....
Pastor to cycle 100 miles for his church - Sumter Item
“It is amazing, it really is,” said Jason Brown, the president of the Sunday school class, who has been keeping track of the money raised. Brown said the group has only had about four or five weeks of fundraising so it averaged about $1000 a week,...
Notts lose out in edge-of-the-seat thriller - This is Nottingham
Darren Pattinson also struck early with Kyle Coetzer slapping his third delivery straight to Jason Brown at mid on. The dangerous Michael Di Venuto was next to fall as he chopped on facing Pattinson and it was 27-4 when a terrific catch from Read...
These recent mysteries will appeal to young folks - Clarksville Leaf Chronicle
Chapter One of "The Postcard" (Little, Brown and Company, $5.99) by Tony Abbot begins, "She died today." What a great way to encourage the reader to want to turn the page! This deceased person is Jason's grandmother, a lady he has never met....

Jason Brown (cricketer)

Jason Fredrick Brown (born 10 October 1974 in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England) is a Nottinghamshire cricketer who has previously played for Northamptonshire, England A and Staffordshire.

Jason Brown made his first-class debut for Northamptonshire against Yorkshire at the County Cricket Ground, Northampton in September 1996. Up to the end of the 2008 season, he has played 126 first-class matches for Northamptonshire as well as 3 matches for the England A team during their tour of the West Indies in January 2001. He also played on the senior England team's tour of Sri Lanka in 2000-01.

In these 129 matches, Brown has taken 414 wickets, with 22 instances of taking 5 wickets in an innings. His career best bowling was 7-69 against Durham at the Riverside Ground in 2003. He was released by Northamptonshire at the end of the 2008 season, and subsequently joined Nottinghamshire on a two-year contract.

To the top

St. Louis Rams

St. Louis Rams helmet

The St. Louis Rams are a professional American football team based in St. Louis, Missouri. They are currently members of the Western Division of the National Football Conference (NFC) in the National Football League (NFL). The team has won two NFL Championships and one Super Bowl.

The Rams began playing in 1936 in Cleveland, Ohio. The NFL considers the franchise as a second incarnation of the previous Cleveland Rams team that was a charter member of the second American Football League. Although the NFL granted membership to the same owner, the NFL considers it a separate entity since only four of the players (William "Bud" Cooper, Harry "The Horse" Mattos, Stan Pincura, and Mike Sebastian) and none of the team's management joined the new NFL team.

The team then became known as the Los Angeles Rams after the club moved to Los Angeles, California in 1946. Following the 1979 season, the Rams moved south to the suburbs in nearby Orange County, playing their home games at Anaheim Stadium in Anaheim for fifteen seasons (1980–94), keeping the Los Angeles name. The club moved east to St. Louis prior to the 1995 season.

The Cleveland Rams were founded by attorney Homer Marshman in 1936. Their name, the Rams, comes from the nickname of Fordham University. Rams was selected to honor the hard work of the football players that came out of that university. They were part of the newly formed American Football League and finished the 1936 regular season in second place with a 5–2–2 record, trailing only the 8–3 record of league champion Boston Shamrocks.

The following year the Rams joined the National Football League and were assigned to the Western division to replace the St. Louis Gunners, who had left the league after a three-game stint in the 1934 season. From the beginning, they were a team marked by frequent moves playing in three stadiums over several losing seasons.

In June 1941 the Rams were bought by Dan Reeves and Fred Levy, Jr.; in April 1943 Reeves bought out Levy (who later rejoined Reeves in the ownership of the Rams). The franchise suspended operations and sat out the 1943 season because of a shortage of players during World War II and resumed playing in 1944. The team finally achieved success in 1945, which proved to be their last season in Ohio, achieving a 9–1 record and winning their first NFL Championship, a 15-14 home field victory over the Washington Redskins on December 16.

In 1946, Rams' owner Dan Reeves, fed up with poor attendance at Cleveland Stadium and competing against the Cleveland Browns (then members of the All-America Football Conference), moved the Rams to Los Angeles, becoming the first NFL team based on the West Coast (there had been a team called the Los Angeles Buccaneers in 1926, but they were a road-only team that simply featured players from California). In 1947 Reeves brought in new partners Ed and Harold Pauley, Hal Seley and Fred Levy (his partner back in Cleveland). A deal was signed with the city to lease the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. The team played there until 1979.

Historically, the Rams were the first to introduce the scout to professional football. The team hired Eddie Kotal in 1946 to travel the country, scouting potential draftees. He also represented the Rams at black colleges, which, at the time, were highly ignored by other teams; as a result, Paul "Tank" Younger of Grambling College was the first black player to be drafted in the traditional sense (other black players at the time were hired after the end of the war and were not drafted directly out of college), and this paid off well in the following seasons. Additionally, the Rams were also pioneers in football business strategy, marketing, and public relations. In 1947, the Rams hired Tex Schramm from the Austin American-Statesman newspaper to better develop their public relations and marketing tactics. Subsequently, the team realized an increase in sports coverage across different local newspapers with the former sports editor's help, which in the future would contribute to revenue at the gate.

Reeves died in 1971, and through a complicated arrangement with the Baltimore Colts that brought Bob Irsay in as Colts' owner, Carroll Rosenbloom, who had been the Colts' owner, took over the Rams.

Rosenbloom was petitioned by Orange County Supervisor Ralph Clark, Clark convinced Angels owner Gene Autry to okay the remodeling of Anaheim Stadium to accommodate the Rams, expanding capacity to 68,000 and putting in seating appropriate to football. In 1980, the Rams moved to Anaheim from Los Angeles.

Georgia Frontiere inherited the team. Georgia got her last name Frontiere when she later married the musician and Hollywood composer Dominic Frontiere. Under the terms of the Rams' deal with Anaheim, they were to receive the rights to develop plots of land near the Stadium. When nothing came of these plans, and with attendance falling, Georgia Frontiere got permission to relocate the team. This permission was only granted after the building of the Arrowhead Pond (a multi-use sports arena for hockey and basketball) in close proximity to Anaheim Stadium. The Rams agreed to let the Pond be built within miles of Anaheim Stadium with an 'out clause' to pay the City of Anaheim an amount of money in millions to release them from the lease. After an aborted move to Baltimore, the Rams moved from Los Angeles to St. Louis in late 1994, initially playing at Busch Memorial Stadium until the (TWA) Trans World Dome (now the Edward Jones Dome) was completed. The NFL owners originally rejected the move -- until Frontiere agreed to share some of the permanent seat license revenue she was to receive from St. Louis. That same year the then-Los Angeles Raiders were threatening to relocate as well -- and did, back to Oakland.

The 1995 and 1996 seasons the Rams were under the direction of head coach Rich Brooks. Their most prolific player from their first two seasons was the fan-favorite Isaac Bruce. Then in 1997 Dick Vermeil was hired as the head coach. In 1997, the Rams traded up in the draft to select future All-Pro offensive tackle Orlando Pace. Vermiel remained head coach until retiring after the Rams won Super Bowl XXXIV against the Tennessee Titans in early 2000. The Rams were very well known for their high powered offense in 1999. Prior to the season, the Rams traded a second and a fourth round draft pick for future league MVP, Marshall Faulk. The season started with Trent Green injuring his leg in preseason that would sideline him for the entire season. Vermiel told the public that the Rams would "Rally around Kurt Warner, and play good football." Kurt Warner, a QB that played for the Iowa Barnstormers just a few years prior, synced up with Marshall Faulk and Isaac Bruce to lead the Rams to one of the most historic Super Bowl offenses in history, posting at the time, an unheard of 526 points for the season.

Following the Super Bowl victory in 2000, Dick Vermiel retired and Vermeil's Offensive Coordinator Mike Martz was hired to replace Vermeil and managed to take the Rams to the Super Bowl, losing to the New England Patriots. Mike Martz was criticized by many to be too careless with game management and often feuding with several teammates as well as team president and general manager, Jay Zygmunt. Although most of his players respected him and went on record saying they enjoyed him as a coach. Mike Martz helped the Rams establish a pass-first identity that would post an NFL record amount of points forged over the course of 3 seasons (1999-2001). However, in the first round in the 2004 draft, the Rams chose Oregon State running back Steven Jackson as the 24th pick of the draft. Jackson has been one of the Rams' most successful running backs since the Rams' arrival in St. Louis. In 2005, Mike Martz was ill and hospitalized for several games, allowing assistant head coach Joe Vitt to coach the remainder of the season, although Martz was cleared later in the season, team president John Shaw would not allow him to come back to coach the team, and was eventually terminated.

After the Rams fired Mike Martz, Scott Linehan took control of an 8-8 team in 2006. In 2007, Linehan led the Rams to their worst record yet, 3-13. Following the 2007 season, Georgia Frontiere died January 18, 2008 after a 28-year ownership commencing in 1979. Ownership of the team passed to her son Dale "Chip" Rosenbloom and daughter Lucia Rodriguez. Chip Rosenbloom was named the new Rams majority owner. Linehan was already faced with scrutiny from several players in the locker room, including Torry Holt and Steven Jackson. Linehan was then fired on September 29, 2008, after the team started the season 0-4. Jim Haslett, Defensive Coordinator under Linehan, was interim head coach for the rest of the 2008 season.

John Shaw then resigned as president, and personnel chief Billy Devaney was promoted to general manager on December 24, 2008, after the resignation of former president of football operations and general manager Jay Zygmunt on December 22. On January 17, 2009, Steve Spagnuolo, formerly the Defensive Coordinator of the New York Giants, was named the new head coach of the franchise. Spagnuolo hired Pat Shurmur and Ken Flajole as his offensive and defensive coordinator respectively. In Spagnuolo's first offseason with the Rams, they offered Baltimore Raven center Jason Brown a record contract to come play center for the Rams.

The Rams became the first professional American football team to have a logo on their helmets. Ever since halfback Fred Gehrke, who worked as a commercial artist in off-seasons, painted ram horns on the team's leather helmets in 1948, the logo has been the club's trademark.

When the team debuted in 1937, the Rams' colors were red and black, featuring red helmets and black uniforms with red shoulders and sleeves. One year later they would switch their team colors to yellow and blue, with yellow helmets, white pants and blue uniforms. By the mid-1940s the Rams had adopted yellow-gold jerseys (with blue serif numerals, yellow-gold helmets and white pants. The uniforms were unchanged as the team moved to Los Angeles. When Gehrke introduced the horns, they were painted yellow-gold on blue helmets. In 1949 the team adopted plastic helmets, and the Rams' horns were rendered by the Riddell company of Des Plaines, Illinois, which baked a painted design into the helmet at its factory. Wider, bolder horns joined at the helmet center front and curving around the earhole appeared in 1950; this design was somewhat narrowed in 1954-1955. Also in 1950 a blue-gold-blue tri-stripe appeared on the pants and "Northwestern University-style" blue stripes were added to the jersey in 1950. A white border was added to the blue jersey numerals in 1953. So-called "TV numbers" were added on jersey sleeves in 1956. In accordance with a new NFL rule dictating that the home team wear dark, primary-colored jerseys and the road team light shirts, the Rams in 1957 introduced royal-blue home jerseys with golden striping and golden numerals with a white border (the border was removed in 1958). The Rams continued to wear their old golden jerseys for 1957 road games, but the following year adopted a white jersey with blue numerals and stripes. In 1962-63 the team's road white jersey featured a UCLA-style blue-gold-blue crescent shoulder tri-stripe.

In 1964, concurrent with a major remodeling of the team's Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum home, the colors were changed to a simpler blue and white. The new helmet horns were white, wider, and separated at the helmet center front. The blue jersey had white numerals with two wide white sleeve stripes. The white jersey featured blue numerals and a wide blue crescent shoulder stripe. A 1964 league rule allowed teams to wear white jerseys for home games and the Rams were among several teams to do so (the Dallas Cowboys have worn white at home ever since). The pants were white with a thick blue stripe. From 1964 to early 1972 the Rams wore white jerseys for every home league game and exhibition; it was a tradition that continued under coaches Harland Svare, George Allen, and Tommy Prothro. But new owner Carroll Rosenbloom did not particularly like the Rams' uniforms, so in pursuit of a new look the team wore its seldom-used blue jerseys from October 1972 until season's end. During that season Rosenbloom's Rams also announced an intention to revive the old blue-and gold colors for 1973, and even asked fans to send in design ideas.

The colors returned to yellow-gold and blue in 1973. The new uniform design consisted of yellow- gold pants and curling rams horns on the sleeves – yellow gold horns on the blue jerseys and blue horns on the white jerseys. The white jerseys had yellow gold sleeves. The gold pants included a blue-white-blue tri-stripe, which was gradually widened through the 1970s and early 1980s. The blue socks initially featured two thin golden stripes, but these were soon eliminated. The new golden helmet horns were of identical shape, but for the first time the horn was not factory-painted but instead rendered by a decal applied to the helmet. The decal was cut in sections before application to accomodate spaces for face mask attachments and gave the design a slightly bolder look. The Rams primarily wore blue at home with this combination, but would wear white on occasion at home, notably for games against the Dallas Cowboys (who usually do not wear their blue jerseys due to the popular notion that the Cowboys' blue jerseys are jinxed) and selected AFC teams. The team wore its white jerseys for most of its 1978 home dates, including its post-season games with the Minnesota Vikings and Cowboys. It wore white exclusively in the strike-shortened 1982 season.

The team's colors were changed from yellow gold and blue to New Century Gold (metallic gold) and Millennium (navy) blue in 2000 following the Super Bowl win. A new logo of a ram's head was added to the sleeves and gold stripes were added to the sides of the jerseys. The new gold pants no longer featured any stripes. Blue pants and White pants with a small gold stripe (similar to the Denver Broncos) were also an option with the Rams only electing to wear the white set in a pre-season game in San Diego in 2001. The helmet design essentially remains the same as it was in 1948, except for updates to the coloring, navy blue field with gold horns. The 2000 rams'-horn design features a slightly wider separation at the helmet's center. Both home and away jerseys had a gold stripe that ran down each side, but that only lasted for the 2000 and 2001 seasons.

In 2003, the Rams wore blue pants with their white jerseys for a pair of early-season games, but after losses to the New York Giants and Seattle Seahawks, the Rams reverted to gold pants with their white jerseys. In 2005, The Rams wore the blue pants again at home against Arizona and on the road against Dallas. In 2007, the Rams wore all possible combinations of their uniforms. They wore the Blue Tops and Gold Pants at home against Carolina, San Francisco, Cleveland, Seattle, and on the road against Dallas. They wore the Blue Tops and Blue Pants at home against Arizona, Atlanta, and Pittsburgh on Marshall Faulk night. They wore the Blue Tops and White Pants on the road in Tampa Bay and at home against Green Bay. They wore White Tops and Gold Pants at New Orleans and San Francisco. They wore White Tops and White Pants at Seattle and Arizona. And they wore White Tops and Blue Pants at Baltimore and Cincinnati. Since moving to St. Louis in 1995, the Rams have always worn blue at home. Like most other teams playing in a dome, the Rams do not need to wear white to gain an advantage with the heat despite its midwestern geographic location. However, the Rams did wear their white jerseys with their blue pants in St. Louis against the Dallas Cowboys on October 19, 2008, winning 34-14.

The NFL has approved the use of throwback uniforms for the club during the 2009 season. In 1994, the team's last season in Southern California, the Rams wore jerseys and pants replicating those of their 1951 championship season for their September games with the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs.

Cleveland Rams primary logo from 1940-1945.

Los Angeles Rams script logo used from 1984-1994.

St. Louis Rams script and primary logo used from 1995-1999; note the representation of St. Louis' Gateway Arch.

Former Rams in the Pro Football Hall of Fame include Joe Namath (12), Ollie Matson (33), Andy Robustelli (81), Dick "Night Train" Lane (also 81), coach Earl "Dutch" Clark, and general manager Tex Schramm. GM and later NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle and coach Sid Gillman are also members of the Hall of Fame, but were elected on the basis of their performances with other teams or (in the case of Rozelle) NFL administration. Dick Vermeil has become the first and still only St. Louis Rams figure inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame. Cardinals inducted into it include Dierdorf, Smith, Wilson, Conrad Dobler, Jim Hart and coach Jim Hanifan.

Former St.Louis football Cardinals and former Rams are included in the Ring Of Fame in the Edward Jones Dome. All players are hall of famers, but there are a few exceptions for team executives and coaches.

Numbers that have been retired by the Rams.

The Rams were the first NFL team to televise both their home and away games during the 1950 NFL season. The 1951 NFL Championship Game was the first Championship Game televised coast-to-coast.

To the top

Sunk Loto

Sunk Loto was an alternative metal band from Queensland, Australia. The band's members were vocalist, Jason Brown, lead guitarist/backing vocalist Luke McDonald, drummer Dane Brown and Sean Van Gennip who was the bass player in the band from 1998 until 2006. Sunk Loto held a recording contract with Sony Music Australia with whom they signed when the average age of the band members was 16 years old. They have released an EP, 2 full length albums, and various singles. The band finished a short Australian tour at the end of 2006 and then headed back into the studio to finish writing and recording their follow up to 2003's Between Birth and Death.

Brothers, Dane Brown and Jason Brown and replacement bass player Rob Kaay had a meeting together in May 2007 and decided to work together on a new project without Luke McDonald. The three wrote many songs, five days a week over a six month period and tentatively titled the band The Flood.

Sunk Loto played a final show at the Hard Rock Hotel on the Gold Coast on Friday 14th December, 2007 and have since disbanded.

To the top

County Cricket Ground, Northampton

Northants 780.JPG

The County Cricket Ground, is a cricket venue on Wantage Road in the Abington area of Northampton, England. It is home to Northamptonshire County Cricket Club.

It is known to be a venue which favours spinners, and in the last County Championship game of the 2005, Northamptonshire's two spin bowlers Jason Brown and Monty Panesar took all 20 wickets for Northamptonshire.

Northamptonshire played their first match at the ground in 1886 before competing in the Minor Counties Championship competition between 1895 and 1904, winning the title three times. They were accepted into the County Championship and played their first first-class match at the ground on 5 June 1905. Northamptonshire drew with Leicestershire in a rain-hit match that only permitted 75 overs of play.

The County Ground hosted two 1999 Cricket World Cup matches. South Africa's victory over Sri Lanka and Bangladesh's first ever World Cup victory against eventual finalists Pakistan by 62 runs.

Northampton Town F.C. also know as "The Cobblers" played their home games for 97 years at the County Ground between 1897 and 1994. The ground only had three sides with a open side due to size of the cricket ground.

The team begun in the Northants League working upward through various leagues before being elected to the Football League in 1920. The team played in all four main divisions during their tenure at the County Ground. Between 1958 and 1965 the team rose from Division 4 all the way to the top tier, the First Division, where they stayed for only one season, 1965-66. Subsequently the team slid all the way back down to Division 4 by 1970.

On February 7 1970 Northampton Town played Manchester United in the FA Cup 5th round and were beaten 8-2 at the County Ground with George Best scoring six goals.

Fromt he 1970's to the 1990's team occupied Division 3 and Division 4 with the team finishing at the bottom of the league in 1993-94. However they stayed in the league due to Kidderminster Harriers, the non-league winner's, stadium was not up to standard for promoton. In 1994, The Cobblers moved to Sixfields a more modern stadium designed for football with four sides.

To the top

Northamptonshire County Cricket Club in 2005

Northamptonshire County Cricket Club in 2005 are playing their cricket in Division Two of the County Championship and Division One of the totesport League. They started the season at 12-1 to win the Division Two title. During the off season 9 players left.

The season started with a thrashing dispensed to the students of Bradford/Leeds UCCE. Then they lost their first Sunday League match, a rain-affected affair against the Worcestershire Royals. The first Championship game was drawn against Leicestershire after Northants captain David Sales left the declaration too late. The second Sunday League match was won at Bristol, narrowly by 9 runs. Then they drew with Derbyshire in the Championship, before thrashing Hampshire on the Sunday.

On 3 May the Steelbacks booked their place in the second round of the C&G Trophy, thrashing Denmark in Brondby. They then lost by 10 wickets in the Championship to Yorkshire before drawing with Essex. In the fourth round of the Sunday League, they were thoroughly outplayed by Lancashire.

On 17 May they beat Middlesex in the second round of the C&G Trophy, before looking on top but only getting a draw in a tour match against the Bangladeshis and losing to Somerset in the Championship despite scoring 408 in the first innings.

They drew their first match in June against Lancashire, before enduring a tough last-ball loss to Middlesex in the National League, and then drawing with league leaders Durham. Their first win in June came at home, beating Gloucestershire by five wickets in the National League, and they stretched that win streak to four, beating Gloucestershire and Warwickshire, both at home, before travelling to Worcestershire and winning that game too. With three initial victories, things looked promising for Northamptonshire in the Twenty20 Cup, and despite winning only one of their last five games - against Somerset at Taunton - they still finished top of the Midlands/Wales/West Division.

However, that poor patch of form continued into the other competitions. Essex beat them twice, first in the National League and then in the County Championship, and then Northamptonshire had to bow out of both knock-out competitions - losing to Yorkshire in the C&G Trophy before being defeated with two balls to spare by Somerset in the Twenty20 Cup. In the County Championship, Monty Panesar spun them to victory against Worcestershire, taking nine wickets. A no-result with Nottinghamshire sent them further adrift of Essex and Middlesex in the fight for the National League title.

August started with two wins over Worcestershire - in the National League and the Championship - before going down by 64 runs to Lancashire in the National League. In the Championship, they beat Derbyshire by 182 runs, despite only having made 140 in the first innings of the match. They recovered from the National League loss against Lancashire, too, beating Middlesex by 14 runs on 15 August, but lost to Glamorgan in the same competition two days later. A two-day match with the touring Australians followed, Australia opting for batting practice instead of pushing home the victory. In the Championship, a bottom-of-the-table clash with Leicestershire ended in a draw, before they recorded a four-wicket win over Nottinghamshire in the National League and a 285-run Championship win over Lancashire.

They moved up to second place in the already decided National League with a no-result at Glamorgan, before drawing two successive Championship matches, with Somerset and Durham. Monty Panesar and Jason Brown then took ten wickets each in the final Championship game, which Northamptonshire won by an innings and 21 runs, before they rounded off their National League season with a loss to Essex.

The first day at Northampton saw only 26.2 overs, during which Northamptonshire progressed to 90 for no loss. On the second day Bilal Shafayat (59), Martin Love (50), David Sales (113), Damien Wright (95) and Gerard Brophy (52) all contributed with the bat, as the hosts moved to 433 for 6 declared. However, Northamptonshire bowled without luck, allowing Leicestershire to score 69 for 0 at close.

On the third day, Leicestershire progressed to 339 all out, with Darren Robinson scoring 100. However, the innings was controversial, with three debatable decisions going against the visitors. First Robinson was given out caught, when the ball probably hit his forearm. Then HD Ackerman was out leg before to a delivery that looked high. Then, at 220 for 5 Aftab Habib edged Jason Brown low to Martin Love at first slip. Habib thought it had not carried, and Love and one umpire were not sure. The other umpire said he was out, so off Habib went. But he returned to confront Shafayat who taunted Habib on the dismissal. Northamptonshire progressed to 45 for 0 at close.

Northamptonshire Steelbacks batted first at Bristol. Two quick wickets reduced them to 14 for 2. It was a slow pitch that was not conducive to a high score, but they made their way to 202 for 7 off their 45 overs, thanks in part to Damien Wright smashing three sixes in four balls in the penultimate over, and thanks to Gloucestershire Gladiators dropping three catches.

Northamptonshire batted first at Derby, and openers Bilal Shafayat and Martin Love took them to the sword, though Derbyshire dropped them both. Shafayat finished the first day unbeaten on a career-best 156 from 267 balls; Love was on 129 off 233 balls; Northants were on 292.

Northamptonshire were dismissed for 281 on the first day at Headingley, with Deon Kruis taking 5 for 59. It was a recovery of sorts, as Ben Phillips and Johann Louw put on 95 for the eighth wicket, but Anthony McGrath ended the visitors' resistance with three wickets. Yorkshire were 30 for 0 in reply at the end of the first day. Phil Jaques dominated the second day, with his 176, which helped Yorkshire to an all out total of 328, a small lead of 47. His fellow Australian Damien Wright recorded what turned out to be Northamptonshire's best bowling figures, ending with eight for 60. Northants were 9 for 0 at stumps on the second day.

Somerset won the toss at Northampton and chose to bowl - and although they got the hosts Northamptonshire out in a day, Martin Love (166) and wicketkeeper Riki Wessels (son of Kepler) (102) made quick centuries to lift the hosts to 408. Conversely, however, two Northamptonshire batsmen batting at 4 and 5 perished for ducks to Richard Johnson. Somerset replied well, though, with 53 from opener Matthew Wood, but rash strokes gave wickets around everywhere as Somerset made 356 - admittedly only 52 behind. Off-spinner Jason Brown got six wickets for 112, just as many than he had taken before this game, while Ian Blackwell played a typical 59 off 77 balls.

Michael Lumb with 89 and Ian Harvey with 74 lifted Yorkshire to 270 all out at Headingley in the fourth quarter-final of the C&G Trophy. It was a bit of an implosion from 227 for 3, but runs came thick and fast in that period, so Yorkshire wouldn't be too disappointed with losing their wickets. Northamptonshire started well, getting to 163 for 2 after all their top four got starts, but two wickets from England Test bowler Matthew Hoggard started to turn the match. From then on, the Northamptonshire effort just stopped dead, as they lost five wickets for 24 runs to fall to 216 for 9. Steffan Jones and Jason Brown paired up for 21 for the last wicket, but it was too little, too late.

Worcestershire's fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar had a field day despite serving up no balls on the first day at Northampton, but that was only the first day, and Northamptonshire came back to win the game. The match had started well enough for the hosts Northamptonshire, but a menacing spell from the Pakistani fast bowler reduced them from 150 for 2 to 173 for 8 - Matt Mason helping out with two wickets as well. Shoaib finished with six for 47, including twenty runs conceded due to no-balls - while Monty Panesar and Jason Brown rescued the hosts to 299 with a last-wicket stand of 62. Young wicket-keeper Steve Davies then made a career-best 95 in his sixth first-class game, which helped lift Worcestershire to 381, a lead of 82.

Worcestershire gave away the initiative in the second innings, losing by 137 runs thanks to a frantic second-innings 190 from David Sales. It was the visitors, Northamptonshire, who chose to bat first at New Road, and after seeing off Shoaib Akhtar and Kabir Ali in a frantic opening spell where Bilal Shafayat went for 1, Northamptonshire looked fairly confident at 177 for 4. Then Shoaib returned, taking four wickets (to end with bowling figures of 9.2-1-55-5), and the wheels fell off as Northamptonshire lost their last six wickets for 12 runs. Stephen Moore continued his fine form, making 62, as Worcestershire looked to gain a slender lead - Ben Phillips taking a couple of wickets to give Northamptonshire some hope of tying the hosts down. Then, Damien Wright ripped through with some quick wickets, as Worcestershire went from 110 for 3 to 147 for 8 - only for Shoaib and Matthew Mason to give Worcestershire the lead thanks to a boundary-filled 47-run partnership.

Northamptonshire won the match at The County Ground, Northampton despite only posting 140 all out in the first innings. Derbyshire's medium-pacer Ian Hunter took four for 50 to get the best figures for Derbyshire, dismissing three Northamptonshire batsmen were dismissed in single figures. Graeme Welch chipped in with economical bowling, conceding only 21 runs in ten overs and claiming three scalps. Steve Stubbings and Michael di Venuto then made batting look easy with an opening partnership of 81, but two wickets from Johann Louw evened out the game somewhat, and Monty Panesar wrapped up Derbyshire's innings with three wickets on the second day, as Derbyshire were all out for 219.

Northamptonshire recorded their fourth win of the season thanks to their top order batting and their spin bowling. They had won the toss and batted, placing themselves well at 224 for 4, but the last six wickets yielded only 63 runs, and Lancashire seamer Dominic Cork could take three late wickets to end with four for 27. Northamptonshire were bowled out early on the second morning for 289, but immediately hit back, Damien Wright dismissing Lancashire's captain Mark Chilton for 0. In a bowling effort dominated by spinners - Jason Brown and Monty Panesar sharing 68 of the 94 overs bowled - Northamptonshire tugged away, and but for Stuart Law's 111, the hosts might have got a first innings lead. However, it was Lancashire who got a lead of 12, with Brown taking five for 113 from 36.3 overs.

Ian Blackwell and Arul Suppiah made scores of 98 and 91 respectively, as Somerset made their way to 396 batting first at Taunton, although the lower order struggled against the spin of Monty Panesar - who dug out Richard Johnson and Charl Langeveldt for ducks. Matthew Wood set the pace, adding 63 with James Francis in an opening partnership where Francis only contributed 8 before he was lbw to Steven Crook, who had changed counties from Lancashire to Northamptonshire. That was Crook's only wicket of the match, however, as he finished with match figures of 25-2-107-1.

Durham needed a draw in this match to secure promotion from Division Two of the County Championship, and the weather handed it to them, as only 222 overs of play were possible over four days. Northamptonshire went for the victory, declaring both their innings closed, but Durham hung on and escaped with eight points. Centuries from Usman Afzaal and Riki Wessels, along with 84 from Robert White lifted the visitors to 414 for 7 on the first day, despite Durham pacer Liam Plunkett grabbing five for 84 and after the second day was washed out they declared.

Northamptonshire spinners Jason Brown and Monty Panesar shared all ten Yorkshire wickets on the first day at Northampton. Yorkshire had won the toss and recorded a 66-run opening stand when the spinners first broke through, Panesar having Matthew Wood caught by Robin White. The rest was one of classic spin bowling - few runs and the occasional wicket - Panesar conceded just over one run an over (ending with figures of 27.5-11-32-5), and the average run rate for the innings was just above two. Former England all-rounder Craig White added 51 as Yorkshire were bowled out for 177. Early wickets from Deon Kruis reduced Northamptonshire to 34 for 2, but a three-hour stand of 220 across two days between Martin Love and Usman Afzaal took Northamptonshire to a lead of 77 with seven wickets in hand when Love fell for 95. Afzaal pushed on, making 157 before being dismissed by Kruis - who took five for 75 - and a 76-run partnership between Simon Crook and Panesar took Northamptonshire to 476 for 9 before the declaration came. Crook fell three short of a maiden first-class century, while Yorkshire leg spinner Mark Lawson was taken for 150 in 30 overs.

To the top

Capita Super

The Capita Super Scary Corporation is a Seattle-based snowboard company that was formed by Jason Brown and Blue Montgomery in 2000, with the help of artists including Human05, Ephka, and Dustin Krysak.

Capita focuses on the progressive freestyle market. In 2005, the company reissued the "Black Snowboard Of Death" under the name of "Black Death Speed Tribe", which won the Transworld Snowboarding's coveted "Good Wood" award in 2001.

Capita sponsors professional snowboarders including: TJ Schneider, Tyler Lepore, Corey Smith, Travis Parker, Dan Brisse, Dustin Craven, Scott Stevens, Scott Shaw and Jonas Carlson.

The newest 08'- 09' snowboard models are now out to the public. Look out for the new models.

To the top

Jason Brown (footballer)

Jason Roy Brown (born 18 May 1982 in Southwark, England) is a Welsh football goalkeeper currently playing for Blackburn Rovers. At 5'11" he is comparatively short for a goalkeeper.

Brown started his career at Premiership side Charlton Athletic where he came through the youth system.

Unable to make the first team squad at The Valley, he moved to Gillingham following a successful trial shortly before transfer deadline day in the 2001/02 season. Although he started on the bench for Gillingham, some poor performances by Vince Bartram meant that Brown started the final 10 games of the season.

During the 2002/03 season Brown made 44 starts in all competitions as he was firmly established as the Gills' first choice goalkeeper. During the season, Brown gained international recognition as he won his first Wales U-21 cap.

Injury and lack of form meant that Brown did not make as many appearance as he liked over the next two seasons, although he still managed 38 league starts in those two seasons, and he made, but later withdrew, a transfer request.

Brown was voted the fans' player of the year for his performances during the 2005/06 season and was named in the Wales team for a friendly against a Basque XI on May 20th, although he ended up pulling out of the match due to the birth of his first child. Brown eventually made his full Welsh debut in a friendly against Trinidad and Tobago on 27 May 2006 .

Brown signed for Blackburn Rovers the following month . He made his debut for Blackburn on 1 October 2006 as a substitute in a 2-1 win over Wigan Athletic and saved a penalty, but did not appear in a league game again until 27 September 2008. He is currently the second choice goalkeeper in the Blackburn squad.

To the top

Source : Wikipedia